State and Local Government
- For Maine-related information, see Maine Law
State law and legislation
- Administrative Rules Online By State - Links to the 50-states' administrative codes (regulations), manuals, and registers of proposed rules from the National Association of Secretaries of State.
State Law by Source (Cornell) - Links for each state to the constitution, statutes, and legislation.
Topical Index: State Statutes (Cornell) - Topical list of links to the statutes of all fifty states.
- Court Rules, Forms and Dockets (LLRX) - Over 1,400 sources for state and federal court rules, forms and dockets. You can browse fields to find the resource you need, or search by keyword.
- Grand Juries - General and state-specific information on state grand juries.
- National Center For State Courts - Browse by state, category or A-Z List.
State Court By Jurisdiction (Cornell) - Links to state court web sites that include basic directory information and background on jurisdiction and methods of selection.
- Book of the States 2012 - The Council of State Government's website offering much of the same information as the print volume. Arranged by topic with corresponding PDF articles.
- National Governors Association
State and Local Government on the Net - Links to sites for each branch of government, statewide offices, and boards and commissions.
- State and Local Governments (Library of Congress) - Links for meta-indexes and for individual states.
- State Legislatures Internet Links (NCSL) - Links to legislative web sites.
- State, Local, Tribal and U.S. Territory Resources (FirstGov) - Links to government web sites.
Municipal and county governments
- National Association of Counties
- Online Codes (Municipal Code Corporation) - Image map of states giving links to the municipal codes for each state.
- State and Local Government - Links for each state includes sites for counties and cities.
United States Counties (National Association of Counties) - Image map to select a state to find links to information for each county, including officials, courthouse addresses, county seats, population.
5/24/2016 A-Z List
5/24/2016 A-Z List