§336. Approval powers of superintendent
1. Notification required; application upon request. If the superintendent's approval is required pursuant to section 332, subsection 2-A or section 335, subsection 1, at least 30 days prior to the relocation of a main office or the establishment, moving or closing of a branch or agency office authorized by this chapter, the institution shall notify the superintendent of the proposed action. A complete application for the branch establishment, moving or closing may be required only when the superintendent requests that a complete application be filed. Within 30 days of the notice, any interested person may request that the superintendent require a complete application. If the superintendent denies any interested person's request for a complete application, the denial must be in writing with the reasons for denial. The notification, or the application if requested, must be filed with the superintendent in the form and manner and containing information the superintendent may prescribe. If no application is requested within the 30-day period, the change is deemed approved. A fee must accompany the notification in an amount established by the superintendent but not to exceed 1/2 of the application fee.
[ 1999, c. 218, §13 (AMD) .]
2. Application requirements. The superintendent may establish different application requirements according to the type of branch office or facility involved and the operations conducted thereat, and may permit joining of applications for the same types of branch offices or facilities; provided that the same requirements shall be applied to each application for the same type of branch office or facility.
[ 1975, c. 500, §1 (NEW) .]
3. Application fee. No action may be taken on an application unless it is accompanied by a fee, to be credited and used as provided in section 214. The amount of the fee shall be established by the superintendent according to different application requirements, but in no instance shall it exceed $1,000.
[ 1983, c. 201, §2 (AMD) .]
4. Decision-making criteria. The superintendent shall approve or disapprove an application under this chapter in accordance with the requirements of section 252 and any rules adopted under section 252; and the superintendent may condition approval of such application, as necessary, to conform with the criteria as set forth in section 253.
[ 1997, c. 398, Pt. E, §6 (AMD) .]
5. Approvals; time extensions. If the superintendent approves an application to establish and operate a branch or agency office, copies of the order must be furnished to the applicant institution. The order or acknowledgment lapses one year after its effective date if the office authorized thereunder has not opened for business, unless the superintendent for good cause shown has granted in writing an extension of time not to exceed 6 months. No fee may be charged for such an extension. Additional 6-month extensions may be granted by the superintendent for good cause shown at a fee established by the superintendent for such extensions not to exceed $500.
[ 1997, c. 22, §7 (AMD) .]
6. Notice of opening. Within 5 days after a branch office approved pursuant to subsection 1 has opened for business, the financial institution shall inform the superintendent in writing of the exact date of opening.
[ 1997, c. 398, Pt. E, §7 (AMD) .]
1975, c. 500, §1 (NEW). 1975, c. 666, §§17,18 (AMD). 1983, c. 201, §2 (AMD). 1983, c. 614, §2 (AMD). 1985, c. 647, §5 (AMD). 1997, c. 22, §§6-8 (AMD). 1997, c. 398, §§E5-7 (AMD). 1999, c. 218, §13 (AMD).