An Act To Ensure the Integrity of For-profit Colleges and Universities
Sec. 1. 20-A MRSA §10706-A is enacted to read:
§ 10706-A. For-profit college and university review
(1) The position is paid. If the position is an entry-level position, the salary must be at least 80% of the entry-level salary for the position as listed by the Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Standards in its most recent report on industry employment and wages;
(2) The position requires at least 32 hours of work per week;
(3) The person has worked in the position for at least 30 days; and
(4) The position is not affiliated with a for-profit college or university from which the person graduated, its parent company or a subsidiary or affiliate of its parent company.
(1) That is included on a list of job titles for which a graduate of a program of study is qualified, as published by the for-profit college or university, and in the most recent national relational database as a job related to that program of study. If the job title is not in the national relational database, the job may be considered as employment in the field of study if the employer's description of the job matches the job description, tasks and work activities for a job that is included in the most recent national relational database as related to the program of study; or
(2) That requires the graduate to use the core skills listed in the school's published program of study taken by the graduate and the employer's written job description provides that the job requires education beyond a high school diploma, that applicants with a postsecondary credential are preferred or that the position is a supervisory or managerial position.
(1) Is regulated by the department;
(2) Is eligible to participate in federal student aid programs; and
(3) Is operated by a private, for-profit business.
(1) The percentage of those who received such loans who have defaulted; and
(2) The percentage of those who received such loans whose loan balances declined in the 3 years after repayment first became due, excluding those graduates for whom repayment was deferred as a result of military service; and