An Act To Require Education in Public Preschool Programs and Elementary Schools Regarding Child Sexual Abuse
Mandate preamble. This measure requires one or more local units of government to expand or modify activities so as to necessitate additional expenditures from local revenues but does not provide funding for at least 90% of those expenditures. Pursuant to the Constitution of Maine, Article IX, Section 21, 2/3 of all of the members elected to each House have determined it necessary to enact this measure.
Sec. 1. 20-A MRSA §254, sub-§18 is enacted to read:
(1) Child sexual abuse response and reporting procedures;
(2) Child sexual abuse awareness training and prevention education for school personnel;
(3) Age-appropriate child sexual abuse prevention education for students, aligned to the system of learning results established pursuant to section 6209 and delivered by qualified instructors;
(4) School response and reporting procedures; and
(5) Resources a victim of child sexual abuse or nonoffending caregivers of a victim of child sexual abuse may access for services and support.
Sec. 2. 20-A MRSA §4502, sub-§5-C is enacted to read: