‘Sec. 1. 4 MRSA §1610-I is enacted to read:
§ 1610-I. Additional securities; Judicial Branch
Notwithstanding any limitation on the amount of securities that may be issued pursuant to section 1606, subsection 2, the authority may issue additional securities from time to time in an aggregate amount not to exceed $95,600,000 outstanding at any one time for the purposes of paying the costs associated with the planning, purchasing, financing, acquiring, constructing, renovating, furnishing, equipping, improving, extending, enlarging and consolidating new and existing facilities and projects relating to the Judicial Branch in the counties of Oxford, Waldo and York and planning for other court facilities.
Sec. 2. York County Courthouse Site Selection Commission. The York County Courthouse Site Selection Commission, referred to in this section as "the commission," is created to choose a location for the new York County Courthouse. The commission consists of the following members:
1. Two members appointed by the Governor;
2. Two members of the Senate representing York County, one from each of the 2 parties holding the largest number of seats in the Legislature, appointed by the President of the Senate;
3. Two members of the House of Representatives representing York County, one from each of the 2 parties holding the largest number of seats in the Legislature, appointed by the Speaker of the House;
4. One clerk of courts and 2 judges or justices, appointed by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Judicial Court;
5. The York County District Attorney, or the designee of the York County District Attorney;
6. The York County Sheriff, or the designee of the York County Sheriff;
7. One person appointed by the York County Commissioners;
8. One local law enforcement officer appointed by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Judicial Court from a list submitted by the Maine Chiefs of Police Association;
9. Three actively practicing members of the York County Bar, at least one of whom does court-appointed work, from a list submitted by the York County Bar Association; and
10. One victim advocate appointed by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Judicial Court.
The State Court Administrator shall serve as a nonvoting member and provide such assistance as may be required by the commission. The Chief Justice of the Supreme Judicial Court shall name a member of the Supreme Judicial Court to serve as chair of the commission. The commission shall meet at the call of the chair and make a recommendation to the Chief Justice of the Supreme Judicial Court by January 1, 2017. The Judicial Branch is authorized to construct a courthouse in the municipality designated by the commission.’