Amend the bill in section 1 in subsection 3 by striking out all of paragraphs A and B and inserting the following:
‘A. A If a health care practitioner sees patients in a setting outside of a licensed health care facility, a health care practitioner shall display a copy of the practitioner's license in a prominent place in an office area visible to current and prospective patients. If the health care practitioner sees patients in a setting outside of a licensed health care facility, the The copy must be of sufficient size to be visible and apparent to patients, except that a copy no smaller than the original license is deemed to be sufficient.
B. A health care practitioner seeing patients on a face-to-face basis shall wear a name badge or some other form of identification that clearly discloses:
(1) The health care practitioner's first name or first and last name , except that if the heath care practitioner is a physician, the name badge or identification must disclose the physician's first and last name; and
(2) The type of license, registration or certification the health care practitioner holds, including the common term for the health care practitioner's profession ; and .
(3) The health care practitioner's medical staff position, if applicable.
This amendment is the minority report of the committee. The amendment does the following.
1. It provides that only a health care practitioner that sees patients in a setting outside of a licensed health care facility is subject to the requirement that the health care practitioner display a copy of the practitioner's license so the license is visible to patients. The majority report removes the requirement for all health care practitioners.
2. It amends the requirement that a health care practitioner wear a name badge to clarify that either the practitioner's first name or first and last name may be disclosed, except for a physician, whose name badge must include the physician's first and last name.
3. It removes the requirement that a health care practitioner's name badge include the practitioner's medical staff position.