Amend the bill in section 1 in subsection 3 in paragraph B by striking out all of subparagraphs (1) to (3) (page 1, lines 14 to 18 in L.D.) and inserting the following:
(1) The health care practitioner's first name or first and last name , except that if the health care practitioner is a physician, the name badge or identification must disclose the physician's first and last name; and
(2) The type of license, registration or certification the health care practitioner holds, including the common term for the health care practitioner's profession ; and .
(3) The health care practitioner's medical staff position, if applicable.
This amendment is the majority report of the committee. The amendment does the following.
1. It retains the provision in the bill removing the requirement that a health care practitioner display a copy of the practitioner's license so the license is visible to patients.
2. It amends the requirement that a health care practitioner wear a name badge to clarify that either the practitioner's first name or first and last name may be disclosed, except for a physician, whose name badge must include the physician's first and last name.
3. It removes the requirement that a health care practitioner's name badge include the practitioner's medical staff position.