| Session - 127th Maine Legislature
Resolve, To Study the Feasibility and Cost of Providing Passenger Rail Service to the City of Bangor
Sec. 1. Rail service to City of Bangor. Resolved: That the Department of Transportation shall study the feasibility and cost of providing passenger rail service to the City of Bangor and shall study:
1. The condition of, ownership of and ability to access rail lines to the City of Bangor;
2. Long-term maintenance costs of passenger rail service to the City of Bangor;
3. Possible savings from reduced traffic on and use of roads;
4. The likelihood and ability of the State to draw on federal funding for rail expansion;
5. The economic benefits derived from expanded passenger rail service; and
6. Possible rail expansion options beyond the City of Bangor in the future including seasonal and excursion routes.
This resolve directs the Department of Transportation to study providing passenger rail service to the City of Bangor.
Top of Page