Amend the amendment by striking out all of section 1 and inserting the following:
‘Sec. 1. 30-A MRSA §3106-A is enacted to read:
This amendment amends Committee Amendment "A" and makes several changes.
1. It clarifies the definition of "responsible party" to provide that there may be more than one owner of a mobile home who is a responsible party, to strike a reference to a lienholder and to add that a mortgagee is not included as a responsible party.
2. It requires a foreclosing mortgagee initiating a foreclosure action on a property to notify the municipality where the property is situated and designate an in-state representative responsible for responding to municipal inquiries regarding the property.
3. It removes the requirement that a municipality first adopt an ordinance before it may avail itself of the authority granted under the statute.
4. It removes 2 types of evidence from being used in making a determination of abandonment: rubbish, trash or debris that has observably accumulated on the mortgaged premises and other reasonable indicia of abandonment.
5. It eliminates municipal authority to fine a responsible party.
6. It requires that a responsible party reimburse the municipality for its costs within 30 days after demand and allows the penalty for nonpayment to be a special tax assessed against the property to be collected in the same manner as other state, county and municipal taxes are collected.
7. It removes the provision in the committee amendment that requires a municipality to investigate a suspected abandoned mobile home upon petition by a landowner in the municipality.
8. It removes the requirement that a notice to correct be attached to the mobile home.