An Act Regarding the Industry Partnership Assistance Collaborative's Grant Program
Sec. 1. 26 MRSA §3305, sub-§2, ¶D, as enacted by PL 2013, c. 368, Pt. FFFFF, §1, is amended to read:
(1) Involvement of the local workforce investment board;
(2) Participation of at least 4 employers, with at least 2 employers representing businesses with fewer than 50 employees;
(3) Participation of employees and, where applicable, labor representatives;
(4) Private sector matching funding of at least 50% 25%, except that businesses with fewer than 25 employees may be exempted from this matching funding requirement at the discretion of the collaborative; and
(5) Commitment to participate in the performance improvement and evaluation system established pursuant to section 3307.
This bill changes the laws governing the Office of the Governor, Industry Partnership Assistance Collaborative's grant program. It changes eligibility requirements for the grant program by reducing the grant program's required private sector matching funding from 50% to 25% and allowing the collaborative discretion to exempt businesses with fewer than 25 employees from the matching funding requirement.