An Act To Increase the Number of Container Options for Breweries
Sec. 1. 28-A MRSA §1355-A, sub-§3, ¶C, as enacted by PL 2011, c. 629, §22, is amended to read:
(1) Only malt liquor brewed at the brewery where the on-premises establishment is licensed may be sold at the on-premises establishment.
(2) Malt liquor must be dispensed in bottles provided by and with labels unique to or approved for filling by the brewery of 32 to 64 ounces in volume.
(3) No more than 6 bottles may be prefilled at any one time.
(4) A deposit may be charged per bottle. Bottles sold or approved by a brewery under this paragraph are not subject to Title 32, chapter 28.
(5) The bottle in which the malt liquor is dispensed must be sealed by the licensee with a seal that is tamper-evident.
(6) Malt liquor dispensed in accordance with this paragraph must be consumed off the premises.
(7) All sales of malt liquor from the on-premises establishment for off-premises consumption must be accompanied by a sales receipt with a time stamp that indicates time of purchase.
(8) Sale of malt liquor from the on-premises establishment for off-premises consumption may not be made after 10:00 p.m.
The bureau may adopt rules to enforce this paragraph. Rules adopted in accordance with this paragraph are routine technical rules in accordance with Title 5, chapter 375, subchapter 2-A.
This bill removes the requirement that beer dispensed by a brewery at its on-premises location for off-premises consumption be in bottles with labels unique to the brewery.