An Act To Create an Advisory Committee To Review and Make Recommendations Regarding Hunting and Fishing Laws
Sec. 1. 5 MRSA §12004-I, sub-§49-D is enacted to read:
|Inland Fisheries and Wildlife||Hunting and Fishing Law Review Advisory Committee||Not Authorized||12 MRSA §10158|
Sec. 2. 12 MRSA §10158 is enacted to read:
§ 10158. Hunting and Fishing Law Review Advisory Committee
(1) Two members of the advisory council;
(2) An active game warden;
(3) A member of the board or staff of a statewide organization of sportsmen;
(4) A member of the board or staff of a statewide association of professional guides;
(5) A member of the board or staff of a statewide association of owners of sporting camps;
(6) A member of the board or staff of a state chapter of a national organization dedicated to bird conservation; and
(7) Four members of fish and game clubs or associations located in the State.
Sec. 3. Staggered terms. Notwithstanding the Maine Revised Statutes, Title 12, section 10158, subsection 3, of the 11 initial members appointed to the Hunting and Fishing Law Review Advisory Committee by the Commissioner of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife, the commissioner shall designate 7 appointees to serve one-year terms.
This bill creates the Hunting and Fishing Law Review Advisory Committee under the Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife to review inland fisheries and wildlife laws and rules and make recommendations to the Commissioner of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife regarding any necessary changes and conduct an annual survey of holders of fishing and hunting licenses and permits on various inland fisheries and wildlife issues in the State.