§3931-A. Breeding kennels
1. License necessary. A person maintaining a breeding kennel, as defined in section 3907, must obtain a license from the department and is subject to rules adopted by the department. The license expires 12 months after the date of issuance. An applicant for a breeding kennel license shall state in the application the number of female dogs or cats capable of breeding that are maintained at the breeding kennel. The department shall issue a license or a conditional license under subsection 6 in one of the 3 categories described in paragraphs A, B and C and collect a fee in accordance with subsection 2.
A. A breeding kennel that maintains at least 5 but no more than 10 female dogs or cats capable of breeding is a Category 1 breeding kennel. [2009, c. 403, §3 (NEW).]
B. A breeding kennel that maintains at least 11 but no more than 20 female dogs or cats capable of breeding is a Category 2 breeding kennel. [2009, c. 403, §3 (NEW).]
C. A breeding kennel that maintains 21 or more female dogs or cats capable of breeding is a Category 3 breeding kennel. [2009, c. 403, §3 (NEW).]
[ 2009, c. 403, §3 (AMD) .]
2. License fees. The license fee is $75 for a Category 1 breeding kennel, $100 for a Category 2 breeding kennel and $150 for a Category 3 breeding kennel.
[ 2009, c. 403, §4 (RPR) .]
3. Dog licenses.
[ 1993, c. 468, §13 (RP) .]
4. Surcharge on sale of dogs and cats that have not been neutered.
[ 2005, c. 510, §7 (RP) .]
5. License number requirements. A breeding kennel shall prominently display in any advertising the state-issued kennel license number.
The breeding kennel shall provide its license number to a person purchasing or receiving an animal from the breeding kennel.
[ 2009, c. 403, §5 (AMD) .]
6. Conditional breeding kennel license. Upon receiving an application for a breeding kennel that does not at the time of application hold a valid license under this section, the department shall issue a conditional breeding kennel license. The conditional license remains in effect until the breeding kennel passes an inspection under section 3936. If a breeding kennel cannot meet minimum standards within 6 months after the initial inspection, the conditional breeding kennel license may be revoked or suspended by the department pending an administrative proceeding held in accordance with Title 5, chapter 375, subchapter 5.
[ 2009, c. 403, §6 (NEW) .]
1991, c. 779, §29 (NEW). 1993, c. 468, §13 (AMD). 1993, c. 657, §30 (AMD). 1995, c. 490, §10 (AMD). 2003, c. 405, §16 (AMD). 2005, c. 281, §6 (AMD). 2005, c. 510, §7 (AMD). 2007, c. 702, §8 (AMD). 2009, c. 403, §§3-6 (AMD).