Maine Revised Statutes

§3607. Damages for raising or lowering streets

When a way or street is raised or lowered by a road commissioner or person authorized to the injury of an owner of adjoining land, he may within a year apply in writing to the municipal officers, and they shall view such way or street and assess the damages, if any have been occasioned thereby, to be paid by the town. Any person aggrieved by said assessment may have them determined, on complaint to the Superior Court, in the manner prescribed in section 3005. Said complaint shall be filed in the Superior Court in the county where the land is situated within 60 days from the date of assessment.