Maine Revised Statutes

§3765. Payments to guardian or conservator

When a relative with whom a child is living is found by the department to be incapable of taking care of the child's money, payment may be made only to a legally appointed guardian or conservator and, notwithstanding Title 18-A, Article V, Part 4, in the matter of infirmities of age or physical disability to manage the child's estate with prudence and understanding, the Probate Court may appoint any suitable person as a conservator. [1997, c. 530, Pt. A, §16 (NEW).]

1997, c. 530, §A16 (NEW).