Information / Updates: Child Protection Services
The links and documents below have been posted at the direction of the Government Oversight Committee.
The GOC intends this page to provide a point of access to information that is frequently referenced by the committee in their current discussions regarding oversight of the child protection system in Maine. It is not intended to be a comprehensive source for information on the subject.
Links and documents below are not OPEGA work products unless specifically indicated.
- OPEGA Information Briefs
- pdf - Frontline Workers in the State Child Protective System: Perspectives on Factors That Impact Effectiveness and Efficiency of Child Protective Work
- pdf - Maine's Child Protection System: A Study of How the System Functioned in Two Cases of Child Death by Abuse in the Home
- Planned Improvements to Child Welfare System - OCFS/DHHS
- Dr. Landry's Testimony Update to GOC 3-13-20 pdf / Dr. Landry's Update Presentation Slides 3-13-20 pdf
- Strategy and Initiative Map - OCFS - pdf
- Dr. Landry's OCFS Update to the Government Oversight Committee on September 23, 2019 - pdf
- Audio of Sept. 23, 2019 meeting:http://legislature.maine.gov/Calendar/#Weekly/2019-09-22
- DHHS Commissioner Lambrew and Dr. Landry testimony from May 10, 2019 - pdf
- Improvement Tracking Document for GOC, HHS and JUD
- Tracking Document - pdf
- LDs from 128th Special Session (enacted) - pdf
- LDs from 129th Legislative Session (enacted and carried over) - pdf
- OCFS updates page and data dashboard
- Reports on the Child Protection System/OCFS
- GOC current efforts regarding evaluation of the Child Protection System in Maine
- GOC will schedule meetings to receive ongoing updates from DHHS/OCFS regarding progress on improvements to the system
- Project Direction Statement OPEGA Review of Out-of-Home Placement (approved at 10/15/19 GOC meeting) - pdf
- Follow-up Survey: OCFS Frontline Workers - (OPEGA review pending) - Gather perspectives of OCFS staff (intake, assessment, permancy) subsequent to DHHS implementation of changes using replicated survey questions from the initial project; evaluate staff views of work load, quality of work, adequacy of resources, job satisfaction, among other factors.