An Act To Ensure the Provision of Housing Navigation Services to Older Adults and Persons with Disabilities
Sec. 1. 22 MRSA §5106, sub-§13, as amended by PL 2011, c. 657, Pt. BB, §9, is further amended to read:
Sec. 2. 22 MRSA §5106, sub-§14-A is enacted to read:
Sec. 3. 22 MRSA §5107-K is enacted to read:
§ 5107-K. Housing navigator
(1) Finding affordable home repair, modification and weatherization services;
(2) Finding affordable and adequate alternative housing options, including housing with services;
(3) Managing a transition between housing settings; and
(4) Accessing information and resources regarding housing and transitioning housing.
This bill creates within the Department of Health and Human Services a housing navigator who:
1. Assists disabled and elderly persons in locating housing, transitioning between housing settings and accessing home repair and home modification services and materials;
2. Maintains and makes publicly available housing assistance information and resources; and
3. Identifies gaps in housing assistance needs of elderly persons and persons with disabilities and periodically submits a report on the gaps to the director of the Department of Health and Human Services' office of aging and disability services for inclusion in the state plan on aging.