‘Sec. 1. 5 MRSA §13070-J, sub-§2-A, ¶B, as enacted by PL 2017, c. 264, §10, is amended to read:
(1) The amount received by the recipient in the preceding year from each economic development incentive;
(2) The total amount received by the recipient from all economic development incentives and economic development programs;
(3) The number, type and wage levels of jobs created or retained in each county by the recipient as a result of each economic development incentive;
(4) Current employment levels for the recipient for all operations within the State;
(5) Any changes in the recipient's employment levels in the State that have occurred over the preceding year;
(6) Investments made in the State by the recipient over the preceding year; and
(7) Intellectual property that has been secured by the recipient, including, but not limited to, patents, trade secrets, copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property as defined by the department by rule.
The department shall provide information obtained under this paragraph by January 15th annually to the Office of Program Evaluation and Government Accountability for the purposes of evaluation of tax expenditures under Title 3, chapter 37 and, to the extent permitted under confidentiality requirements, to the joint standing committee of the Legislature having jurisdiction over taxation matters.
Sec. 2. 36 MRSA §5219-L, sub-§1, as amended by PL 2013, c. 502, Pt. J, §1 and affected by §3, is further amended to read:
Sec. 3. 36 MRSA §5219-L, sub-§1-A is enacted to read:
For purposes of this subsection, "qualified research expenses" has the same meaning as under the Code, Section 41 but applies only to expenditures for research conducted in this State.
Sec. 4. 36 MRSA §5219-L, sub-§2, as enacted by PL 1997, c. 557, Pt. B, §10 and affected by §14 and Pt. G, §1, is amended to read:
Sec. 5. 36 MRSA §5219-L, sub-§6 is enacted to read:
(1) To create high-quality jobs in the State by encouraging investments in research and development in this State and to encourage the recruitment and training of employees; and
(2) To directly and indirectly improve the overall economy of the State by expanding the number of businesses conducting and investing in research and development in the State; and
(1) The number, geographic distribution and income of full-time employees added or retained during the period being reviewed who would not have been added or retained in the absence of the credit;
(2) The number and amount of investments in research and development made by credit recipients during the review period; and
(3) Direct and indirect improvement in the economy of the State attributable to activities entitled to a credit under this section.